As the event concluded, a stampede ensued, resulting in the death of 116 people, which included children and women.
A stampede broke out in Hathras district, Uttar Pradesh, at a Satsang, and the death toll, which has increased to 116, has shaken the nation. The stampede has resulted in the death of 116 individuals, including children and women.
Shocking stampede incident in Hathras, UP.
On Tuesday, July 2, a shocking incident occurred in the Hathras district in Uttar Pradesh, where women and children were also killed after a stampede at a “Satsang” (religious event). The state government has ordered a probe into the matter and dispatched three ministers to reach the spot to monitor relief work.
The Inspector General confirms the death toll.
Inspector General (Aligarh) Shalabh Mathur has confirmed that 116 people have been killed in a stampede so far in Hathras at a Satsang. He said that an FIR would be filed against the organizers of the Satsang because the crowd for the event was more than what was permitted, saying, “A high-level inquiry has been ordered.” Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary Manoj Kumar Singh, who visited the stampede site, said that out of the 116 who lost their lives, 108 were women, one was a man, and seven were children. Out of these, 72 people have been identified.
The Satsang was organized by the Manav Mangal Milan Sadbhavna Samagam Committee for self-styled god-man Narayan Sakar Hari, aka Sakar Vishwa Hari or Bhole Baba. The police are already on the lookout for Bhole Baba. UP Chief Secretary Manoj Kumar Singh also said, “The state government has announced an ex-gratia of Rs. 2 lakh for the deceased and Rs. 50,000 for the injured. The same amount will be given by the central government as well.”